Descaling your Nespresso machine is necessary from time to time to remove hard water deposits and impurities. We recommend coffee machine descaling at least once a year
Descaling can be done in six easy steps and should take about 20 minutes.
Follow these steps:
Prepare your machine
- Turn on your machine
- Eject any capsule, empty the capsule container and the drip tray
- Put in 1 liter of warm fresh water (4 cups) in the water container.
- Mix in a sachet of descaling solution.
- Place a container than can hold up to one liter of water under the coffee outlet.
- Pixie, Essenza, Citiz and Inissia – simultaneously press on two buttons for three seconds until the lights will start to flash quickly; this indicates the machine is in descale mode
- U – simultaneously press all three buttons for three seconds.until the lights will start to flash quickly; this indicates the machine is in descale mode
- Lattisima – put in the descaling nozzle, press the cappuccino button.
Descaling your machine
- Press the Lungo button and wait until the flow has finished
- Fill the water tank with the used solution
- Press the Lungo button and let all the descaling solution flow through the machine again
- Empty and rinse out the water container.
- Refill it with fresh water.
- Press the Lungo button to empty the container of its content.
- Empty and rinse out the drip tray.
Exit the Descaling Mode
- Pixie, Essenza, Citiz and Inissia – press the two buttons simultaneously for three seconds. The lights will flash for 25 seconds during the preheating mode.
- U – press and hold three buttons simultaneously for three seconds.
- Latissima – take out the descaling nozzle.
Your machine is now ready!
Note: Be sure to use caution on countertops as this acid formula can have a similar effect as that of lemon juice.
For more detail, please watch the following demo videos from Nespresso:
Originally posted by Espressorium/Espressorium is now known as EcoCaffe