A safe and effective powder descaler for removing hard water scale from espresso machine boilers, coffee and milk delivery lines. Can also be used to descale bottles and kettles.
Contains a synergistic blend of organic acids that give outstanding scale removal.
Restore is registered by Biological Farmers of Australia (BFA) as an allowed input in organic systems and is certified by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI). Restore is free from phosphate and Genetically Modified Organisms.
The ingredients and formulation of the products that are NSF certified are safe, leave no harmful residues and do not cause corrosion within the coffee machine. Safe to use on aluminium, brass and stainless steel.
All ingredients are all rapidly biodegradable meeting international standards.
Contains 4 single use sachets for convenient and measured dosage with every use. Each 25g sachet makes up one litre of descaling solution.
Designed for: Espresso machine boilers, Pod/Capsule coffee machines, thermoblock espresso machines
Descaling your Nespresso machine is necessary from time to time to remove hard water deposits and impurities. We recommend coffee machine descaling at least once a year.
Descaling can be done in six easy steps and should take about 20 minutes. Follow these steps:
- Prepare your machine
- Turn on your machine
- Eject any capsule, empty the capsule container and the drip tray
- Put in 1 litre of warm fresh water (4 cups) in the water container.
- Mix in a sachet of descaling solution.
- Place a container that can hold up to one litre of water under the coffee outlet.
- Descale Mode
- Pixie, Essenza, Citiz and Inissia – simultaneously press on two buttons for three seconds until the lights will start to flash quickly; this indicates the machine is in descale mode
- U – simultaneously press all three buttons for three seconds.until the lights will start to flash quickly; this indicates the machine is in descale mode
- Lattisima – put in the descaling nozzle, press the cappuccino button.
- Descaling your machine
- Press the Lungo button and wait until the flow has finished
- Fill the water tank with the used solution
- Press the Lungo button and let all the descaling solution flow through the machine again
- Empty and rinse out the water container.
- Refill it with fresh water.
- Press the Lungo button to empty the container of its content.
- Empty and rinse out the drip tray.
- Exit the Descaling Mode
- Pixie, Essenza, Citiz and Inissia – press the two buttons simultaneously for three seconds. The lights will flash for 25 seconds during the preheating mode.
- U – press and hold three buttons simultaneously for three seconds.
- Latissima – take out the descaling nozzle.
- Your machine is now ready for
For more detail, please watch the following demo videos from Nespresso:
Note: Be sure to use caution on counter tops as this acid formula can have a similar effect as that of lemon juice.