If you love your coffee, you will probably be making plenty of usage from your coffee machine to get your daily fix. But have you ever thought about how dirty your machine can get?
It is important to keep your coffee maker clean and also prevent the growth of bacteria, yeast or even mould.
By descaling your Nespresso machine regularly, you will make sure to remove not just hard water deposits, but also all those other nasties.
Also, the cleaner your machine is, the better your coffee is going to taste. We recommend coffee machine descaling at least twice a year
Descaling can be done in six easy steps and should take about 20 minutes.
Follow these steps:
Prepare your machine
- Turn on your machine
- Eject any capsule, empty the capsule container and the drip tray
- Put in 1 litre of warm fresh water (4 cups) in the water container.
- Mix in a sachet of descaling solution.
- Place a container that can hold up to one litre of water under the coffee outlet.
- Pixie, Essenza, Citiz and Inissia – simultaneously press on two buttons for three seconds until the lights will start to flash quickly; this indicates the machine is in descale mode
- U – simultaneously press all three buttons for three seconds until the lights will start to flash quickly; this indicates the machine is in descale mode
- Lattisima – put in the descaling nozzle, press the cappuccino button.
Descaling your machine
- Press the Lungo button and wait until the flow has finished
- Fill the water tank with the used solution
- Press the Lungo button and let all the descaling solution flow through the machine again
- Empty and rinse out the water container.
- Refill it with fresh water.
- Press the Lungo button to empty the container of its content.
- Empty and rinse out the drip tray.
Exit the Descaling Mode
- Pixie, Essenza, Citiz and Inissia – press the two buttons simultaneously for three seconds. The lights will flash for 25 seconds during the preheating mode.
- U – press and hold three buttons simultaneously for three seconds.
- Latissima – take out the descaling nozzle.
Your machine is now ready!
Note: Be sure to use caution on countertops as this acid formula can have a similar effect as that of lemon juice.
For more detail, please watch the following demo videos from Nespresso:
Where can I purchase a Descaling Kit?
Ecocaffe offers Restore, a safe and effective powder descaler for removing hard water scale from espresso machine boilers, coffee and milk delivery lines. Click here to find out more.
Restore is registered by Australian Certified Organic (ACO) as an allowed input in organic systems and is certified by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI). Restore is free from phosphate and Genetically Modified Organisms.
The ingredients and formulation of the products that are NSF certified are safe, leave no harmful residues and do not cause corrosion within the coffee machine. Safe to use on aluminium, brass and stainless steel.
All ingredients are all rapidly biodegradable meeting international standards.
Click here to Order
Dingo Republic Pods successfully tested on Nespresso KitchenAid
The new Dingo Republic Nespresso compatible coffee capsules were successfully tested with the latest Nespresso KitchenAid machine. Watch the video to see the amazing flow performance and the perfect Crema.
About Dingo Republic
Exceptional coffee blends from around the world
Inspired by the authenticity and natural cultivation of indigenous cultures from around the world, Dingo Republic coffee has captured the true essence of coffee and presented it in the convenience of Nespresso Compatible Capsules.
Our range of coffee blends offers a variety of combinations to suit any palate and a standard of production to satisfy serious coffee drinkers. Dingo Republic prides itself in providing the highest quality in taste, coffee roasting and customer service while adhering to our sustainability commitments.
We invite you to join us on our journey of tasting the flavours of the world, one coffee at a time.